Hey everyone! Sorry I’ve been so MIA lately. I am still working on a lot of different things, recently my personal life has taken a toll and I took a break for my own mental health. I’m trying to slowly get back on track.
Things I’m Working On:
- Written an article on the Cap is HYDRA issue outlining the overall problems with the reveal due to Cap’s history as a character and how this emphasizes the overall problems with big two comics as a whole. I submitted the finished rough draft to The Nerds of Color yesterday.
- Began collecting data on Captain America being a Jewish symbol of superheroism based both on his origins and Jewish fan reactions. If you’re a Jewish fan and upset by the Cap show submit to me your thoughts on the matter! Or feel free to email me.
- I am still working on that fandom shipping essay, thinking of tilting it,How White Slash Dominates Fandom and Marginalized Fans of Color, but that title is really long so maybe not. Real life has just gotten in the way but it’s being written!
- I’m also still working on that Poe Dameron essay possibly titled: Poe Dameron is Not White. Short, simple and to the point no?
- I’m also continuing my How Diverse is the MCU series. Phase One is already published, have to start working on Phase Two next. After Phase Two comes the ABC shows (Agent Carter, and Agents of SHIELD), then the Netflix shows, then Phase Three and Beyond. It’s a huge project!
- I’m also starting another new series that breaks down the romantic relationships and themes in the Evangelion series. Time to dispel the belief that Kaworu wasn’t a love interest of Shinji! I’m thinking the possible title will be: The Love Life of Shinji Ikari but that sounds like a romcom so I’m not sure!
- Updated my About Me page, along with my Facebook page. You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter! I’d invite anyone to follow me on Snapchat but I’m honestly a boring Snapchatter.
- I have updated my PayPal if anyone can or is willing to donate in support. I’m working on possibly getting a Patreon as well. I don’t know much about Patreon and I’m a bit scared of it to be honest. I’m also applying to various freelance positions, so put down updating my resume on the list of things I have to do as well. With school and other personal stuff I need to work harder to earn more stable income.
- I’m working on launching an official website to further promote my freelance writing as well as my work as a social media consultant. I’d like offer my services to smaller businesses, artists, and creators, but I have to outline what my services would entail and prices for them.
Other than some rather awful family business currently happening that’s all for me! I know I have some messages in my askbox, I apologize that I haven’t gotten a chance to answer them yet, but I promise I will get to them! Wish me luck everyone!