Social Media Consultant for Freelancers
An introductory session with me to discuss clients social media. In this introductory session, the client and myself will discuss: their current social media stats, building new social media platforms (if needed), what they’d like to improve, and building a focus plan. Follow up session will include website improvements discussion, teaching social media resources, and following up on previous session.
I’m not here to swindle freelancers out of their own hard earned money. It’s difficult when you’re a freelancer to really get your project running, let alone support yourself while doing it. I try to keep my rates affordable for this very reason. It’s important to me to help the industry and community I’m in, and I want to provide that assistance so others can further their own success and benefit.
Areas of expertise:
- Research and resource finding
- Knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr
- Easy to follow plan building and outline
- Introductory Session – $22 hourly or flat rate of $135
- Follow-Up Session – $35 hourly or flat rate of 145
A sensitivity read-through, with diversity insight, of works up to 30,000 words. I also read scripts, and teleplays for television and film. This includes comic scripts as well.
“A sensitivity reader reads through a manuscript for issues of representation and for instances of bias on the page. The goal of a sensitivity reader isn’t to edit a manuscript clarity and logic, although that may be an additional service offered. A sensitivity reader reviews a manuscript for internalized bias and negatively charged language. A sensitivity reader is there to help make sure you do not make a mistake, but they are also NOT a guarantee against making a mistake…
Sensitivity readers can help you identify problematic language and internalized bias on the page when writing outside of your experiences. This is not a guarantee that others will not have issues with your work. But it is a way to attempt to catch and correct high level issues prior to submission or publication.” – From Write in the Margins
Areas of expertise:
- Latinx experience and authenticity
- Abuse and trauma
- Queer depiction
- Female characters and potential pitfalls
- For 30k words total (the equivalent to a novella) – $175
- For 60k words total (a full length novel) – $250
- For books with a higher word count – Negotiable depending on overall length but no lower than $275
- For scripts:
- Scripts between 20 – 30 pages $20 hourly or flat rate of $165
- Scripts between 50 – 60 pages $30 hourly or flat rate of $200
- If multiple scripts are in need of editing/sentivitiy read throughs rates can be negotiated further
Fandom Consultant and Public Relations
Fandom is an unavoidable concept for anyone working in fictional media. There have been many times when actors, writers, directors, and crew have tweeted something they shouldn’t have, or engaged to heavily in fandom. Navigating this new world full of secondary fandom based language and unknown rules can be difficult.
I’m here to help.
Having been in fandom(s) for more than a decade, I understand the way fandom works and can teach you how it works as well. What language to avoid, what pitfalls to be on the look out for, how to place meta in your text in ways that will please your audience, and most importantly how to engage with fandom and fans.
This consultation will include discussing the general history of fandom, research on your particular fandom by myself, giving you in-depth insight on your fandom, and how to engage with fandom on social media. This can help you avoid potential unfortunate events and deal with potential harassing situations.
If you’ve heard the stories, or been on the receiving end yourself, let me help.
- Introductory Session: $30 hourly, or a flat rate of $275
- Follow-Up Session(s): $35 hourly, or a flat rate of $295