An editor is an asset to a creative team or individual. Editors help enhance your story, and bring your vision to life, while also directing the production of your book. From providing insightful story edits, to proofreading, to managing your overall project editors are an asset to breathing life from an idea into a solid reality.
As your editor I can assist you in: proofreading, story editing, creating an outline, curating a pitch to publishers, art direction, and art editing (from illustration to colors for comics) and promotional copy for your title.
I also edit Spanish language comics, for clarity, spelling, and grammar.
- Editing a full 24 page comic including: outline, scripting, art direction, proofreading to production: $22 hourly
- Editing a standard graphic novel (100 – 144): $30 hourly
- Editing a graphic novel with a page rate higher than standard: $35 hourly
A sensitivity read-through, with diversity insight, of works up to 30,000 words. I also read comic scripts, screenplays and teleplays for television and film.
“A sensitivity reader reads through a manuscript for issues of representation and for instances of bias on the page. The goal of a sensitivity reader isn’t to edit a manuscript clarity and logic, although that may be an additional service offered. A sensitivity reader reviews a manuscript for internalized bias and negatively charged language. A sensitivity reader is there to help make sure you do not make a mistake, but they are also NOT a guarantee against making a mistake…
Sensitivity readers can help you identify problematic language and internalized bias on the page when writing outside of your experiences. This is not a guarantee that others will not have issues with your work. But it is a way to attempt to catch and correct high level issues prior to submission or publication.” – From Write in the Margins
Areas of expertise:
- Latinx experience and authenticity
- Puerto Rican Identity
- Spanish Language
- Abuse and trauma
- Depiction of LGB characters
- Female characters and potential pitfalls
- Single issue (standard 20 – 24 pages) comic – $100 (per issue)
- Graphic Novel (standard 100 – 144 pages) – $200
- Graphic Novel (above standard 144 pages) – $200 to $300
- For 30k words total (the equivalent to a novella) – $350
- For 60k words total (a full length novel) – $500
- For books with a higher word count – Negotiable depending on overall length but no lower than $300
Available for work-for-hire, and anthologies at $15 a page.
For work for hire you can email me at: email@example.com